How to register your authenton#1 FIDO2-Token for "Google Express"?
FIDO2 is an open authentication standard that enables secure and convenient passwordless authentication using public key cryptography. To register a FIDO2 token for "Google Express," you would need to follow these general steps:
Check if your FIDO2 token is compatible with Google Express: The first step is to make sure that your FIDO2 token is supported by Google Express. Check the Google Express website or contact their customer support to find out if they support FIDO2 tokens.
- Register the FIDO2 token with Google Express: Once you have confirmed that Google Express supports FIDO2 tokens, you can proceed with registering your token. This process may vary depending on the specific FIDO2 token you have, but generally, you will need to follow these steps:
- Go to the Google Express website and log in to your account.
- Navigate to the "Settings" or "Security" section.
- Select "Two-Factor Authentication" or "Add security key."
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the registration process. This may involve inserting your FIDO2 token into a USB port, entering a PIN, or scanning a QR code.
- Test the FIDO2 token: Once you have registered your FIDO2 token with Google Express, it's important to test it to ensure that it's working correctly. To do this, you can try logging in to your Google Express account using your FIDO2 token.
If everything is working correctly, you should be able to log in without having to enter a password.
That's a general overview of how to register a FIDO2 token for Google Express. However, the specific steps may vary depending on the FIDO2 token and Google Express website, so be sure to follow the instructions provided by Google Express carefully.
Link: Google MFA