Activating the authenton#1 as an OpenPGP SmartCard with Kleopatra involves a few steps
Here is a step-by-step guide:
- Connect your authenton#1 token to your computer via the USB interface.
- Start Kleopatra. If you have not installed Kleopatra, you can download it from the Gpg4win website.
- In the main window of Kleopatra, click the "Smartcard" button in the toolbar. This opens the Smartcard Manager.
- In the Smartcard Manager, click on the "Card" menu and select "Card information". This displays information about your SmartCard, including its serial number and firmware version.
- Next, click on the "Admin" menu and select "Change PIN". This allows you to change the SmartCard's PIN (Personal Identification Number) to a new one that you can remember. Choose a strong PIN that is not easy to guess.
- After you have changed the PIN, you need to import your OpenPGP key onto the SmartCard. To do this, click on the "File" menu in the main window of Kleopatra and select "Import Certificates".
- In the "Import Certificates" dialog box, click on the "Smartcard" tab and select the OpenPGP key you want to import onto the SmartCard.
- Click the "Import" button to start the import process. Kleopatra prompts you to enter the PIN of your SmartCard, which you need to complete the import.
- Once the key has been imported onto the SmartCard, you can use it to sign, encrypt, and decrypt emails and files.
That's it! With these steps, you have successfully activated your authenton#1 as an OpenPGP SmartCard with Kleopatra!