How to manage your authenton#1 FIDO 2 for macOS/Apple
How to activate a FIDO2-Token with Apple/mcOS?
Activating a FIDO2 token with Apple involves a few steps. Here's a step-by-step guide:
- Ensure your Apple device supports FIDO2: First, make sure that your Apple device is compatible with FIDO2 tokens. Currently, devices running iOS 13.3 and later, iPadOS 13.3 and later, and macOS 10.15.3 and later support FIDO2 tokens.
- Purchase a FIDO2 token: Purchase a FIDO2 token from a reputable vendor. The most common FIDO2 tokens are security keys that can be connected to a USB port on your Mac or via NFC on an iPhone or iPad.
- Set up your Apple device for two-factor authentication: If you haven't already, set up two-factor authentication for your Apple ID. You can do this by going to "Settings" > "Your Name" > "Password & Security" > "Two-Factor Authentication" and following the prompts.
- Register your FIDO2 token with your Apple ID: To register your FIDO2 token with your Apple ID, go to "Settings" > "Your Name" > "Password & Security" > "Security Keys" and tap "Add Security Key." Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the registration process.
- Use your FIDO2 token for authentication: Once your FIDO2 token is registered, you can use it for authentication purposes, such as logging in to your Apple ID or using it with compatible apps.
That's it! With these steps, you have successfully activated your FIDO2 token with Apple.