How to manage your authenton#1 FIDO 2 for AWS Identity Access
How to register AUTHENTON#1 FIDO2 Key with "AWS Identity Access"?
AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) is a web service that provides secure access to AWS resources. It also supports AUTHENTON#1 FIDO2 security keys for multi-factor authentication.
Here are the steps to register a AUTHENTON#1 FIDO2 key with AWS IAM:
- Purchase a AUTHENTON#1 FIDO2 security key that is compatible with AWS IAM.
- Sign in to your AWS IAM account using your username and password.
- In the AWS Management Console, navigate to the "IAM Dashboard" and click on "Security credentials" in the left-hand menu.
- Click on the "Manage" button next to "Assigned MFA device".
- Click on the "Virtual MFA device" button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up a virtual MFA device. You will be asked to scan a QR code with your phone or tablet to set up the virtual MFA device.
- Once the virtual MFA device is set up, click on the "Show secret key" button and save the QR code image and the secret key in a secure location.
- Insert your AUTHENTON#1 FIDO2 security key into a USB port on your device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the registration process. This typically involves pressing a button on the key to confirm.
- Once your AUTHENTON#1 FIDO2 key is registered, you can use it for multi-factor authentication when accessing your AWS IAM account.
By registering a AUTHENTON#1 FIDO2 key with AWS IAM, you are adding an extra layer of security to your account, making it much more difficult for unauthorized users to gain access.
AUTHENTON#1 FIDO2 security keys provide strong multi-factor authentication that cannot be easily hacked or phished, making them an excellent choice for securing your online accounts and data.